Saturday, November 29, 2008

Too far.

Okay, news. 
DFA and her (ex?) friend C, as we'll call her, have been fighting for quite a while. I'm not really sure about what, but from what I can gather, C is moving into teenage normality, (not something I really approve of) and DFA is still... DFA. Weird, clever, snarky, spacey, imaginative, DFA. 
So they're moving apart in the most bitchy, silliest way possible. 
(Even DFA finds it a little funny) 

I figured that this was their fight, and while I'd be on DFA's side, i'd try not to get too involved. 
I liked C, when I first met her at camp two years ago. She was fun, silly, and a very passive, sweet person. 

But...

C was fighting with DFA over iChat, (DFA sends me particularly entertaining or insulting things she says) and C said basically this:

(Their names have been changed)
"I'm sorry I'm not hanging out with you as much anymore, it's just that O and L are more fun, whenever I hang out with you and Leer all you do is either play make believe or insult me."



Play make believe?  
That's just cruel. 

That actually made me angry. 
I play make believe because I use my imagination? Because I draw and because I write? 
Because me and DFA have that rare, creative quality in both of us, and because we write stories and make characters and and because we talk about them the means we're five-year-olds? It means we're immature? That we need to grow up and stop thinking about what we want to think about? 
I don't give a shit about boys or pop bands or being emo or Disney TV stars or Edward Cullen, and I'm trying my best to stay that way. 

(And really, C, I recall being very nice to you) 

Rant over. 
I love you all. 


1 comment:

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.