Saturday, September 13, 2008

Those Small Joys in a "Real World" of Crushing Pain and Despair

Caithlin's  new album is so good I could cry. 
And I did, just a little. 
If you haven't already heard, Caithlin De Marrias was the singer of Rainer Maria, now a a folkish-indie-rockish-alternative singer living in brooklyn with her pals from Balthrop Alabama, and, of course, Kyle Fischer. I have the wonderful pleasure, no, privilege, to know these mortal gods of audio personally, and I love all of them to Hell, Heaven, Pluto and back. 
Go buy all their albums now. 
Really, go now. 

I COMMAND THEE, FOOLISH HEATHEN MORTAL. 

...Finish reading my blog first, though.


I've been more in my head then I expected. I've been out of it, a little detached and in the little imaginary world that follows me around. At the same time, I've been feeling rather uninspired. Everything I've drawn after that picture of Vapidness and Tapeloop, I've liked, but the pictures haven't really ment anything. Anything I can easily comprehend, anyway. Just the random images in my head on paper, not that I don't like them, I just don't feel connected to the pictures in the way I'd like to be. When I draw a picture I really like, it has a life to it, like it's a little window into my head. I can hear the character(s) talking, I know what it be like when they laughed, if they cried. 
I'm just feeling a little empty. 
I have one draw I especially like, a drawing of a girl with her eyes hidden behind her curly, striped hair. I've decided I will leave her unfinished. There's a reason for this, I'm sure. 
I want the weekend to be over now. I want to be at school; I don't have to think there.

I miss when I could tell if my friends were fucking with me or actually cared. 
I'm sure a public and online blog is definitely and absolutely the best place to talk about private emotional and mental matters. 
I don't really care, I want people I've never met to read this, to know these little bits about me. 
Strangers are more comforting then friends, in their ways. 

I want to know their stories, so why not share mine? 

No comments: