Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good Morning, Creatures of Earth.

How are you all on this wonderful day of bleak clouds, bleaker political conventions, and hurricanes? 
Don't answer that.
I'm not really sure what to write about today. 
I have just moved into a new house, so my life is a bit jumbled, it's a odd feeling to have everything you own packed up and moved to a new location. But, even more to look though all of your things and decide what you want to keep. This time, I got rid of the last of my childhood toys I had been holding onto. Things that I had wanted to much when I had first seen them, things that now seem trivial and boring. 
Letting go of your childhood is hard, and even though I'm still rather young, I feel the sadness of losing those days where nothing mattered, where upset emotions came and went, and where everything wasn't brimming full of drama and hate. 
But I'm lost in my own drama of teenhood now, where everything is a difficult and pressing decision, where every trivial action matters so much.
I can't say I like it very much, but everyone I know has gone/will go/is going though what I'm feeling, so, well, at least I'm not too alone. 
And when I look back at the innocence of childhood, I can't help but think...
Ignorance is always bliss.