I feel like at my school, even on the first day, you can tell you'll be more learning about the human drama then about any particular academic subject. The drama starts the moment you step in the door, put your backpack down and take off your rubber orange flip-flops. And if you're a person interested in learning about people, as I am, there's no better place. the cliques, the alliances, and in and the out. And the personalities of the people! Oh, the characters we have there!
Even in a school as small as mine, (which is very, very small) I still have plenty of people to learn about, pieces of their personalities I want to collect. The ways their minds work, the world wants to know. At least, I do.
But, the new schedule for classes are a bit weird, and I might not get as much art as I'd prefer.
So I left for home a little downcast.
But you go on, you figure it out, go and and get a tuna wrap, you go home, tear a few pictures out of your sketchbook, (you know, the ones you'd prefer not to share with your rather nosy classmates) and tape them into the secret section of the sketchbook you keep in the wicker basket under the coffee table.
Then you write in your blog and listen to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack until everything moves with Disney-esque musicality and all is right with the world.
"Come what may, come what may,
I will love you... until my dying day!"

No comments:
Post a Comment