Monday, February 2, 2009

Did you?

I'm either profound or stupid. I'm sure there's a middle ground, but that's the part that other people see. I don't see it. I am only my extremes. Those are the parts I see and the parts I live with. I'm not reasonable or sane or nice or crazy or evil.  I know all the things I'm not but I need other people to tell what I am. To convince me that I'm nice or good or compassionate or sensitive. If I don't believe what people see me as, what am I? Do I have any opinion of myself on my own that isn't formed by another person?  Am I shallow enough to depend so much on the views of other people? 

Of course I am, we all are.

Did you believe me?

People give their opinion on you and choose what you want to be out of it. If someone says you're beautiful or handsome, (and you believe them) are you suddenly more beautiful or more handsome? Do you change with every compliment or insult you get?

I don't know.

-Jan 28th.

Yeahwhatever. Just some weirdness from a few days ago. Enjoy. 

No comments: